Jewellery From The Carole Tanenbaum Collection
March 18 — 23, 2023
Auction begins to close at 2:00 pm ET
An exciting 100+ lot auction featuring a selection of costume and silver jewellery from renowned author and collector, Carole Tanenbaum. Her jewellery has been showcased in Saks, Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Bergorf Goodman, Holt Renfrew, Toronto’s Royal Ontario Museum and Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts, and is sought after by discerning clients around the world. Designers represented in the auction include Harmon, Sherman, Haskell, Dior and Vrba, alongside other unique vintage pieces.
Please contact us for more information.
On View at Waddington's Toronto
Monday, March 20 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday, March 21 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL CLIENTS
Restrictions exist regarding the import and export of species protected under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species).This includes but is not limited to items made of or containing bone (whalebone etc.), ivory, tortoise shell, seal skin, rhinoceros horn and any other animal part and is strictly controlled or forbidden by most countries. Please review your country’s laws before bidding on pieces made of or containing these restricted items. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to inquire about and obtain the proper permits for artwork purchased that may contain restricted materials, if such permit can be obtained. Please contact the department for further assistance. For more information please visit WWW.CITES.ORG
BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Each lot sold is subject to a buyer’s premium of 20% of the successful bid price as part of the purchase price.
- Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay Ontario Retail Sales Tax and Federal Goods and Services Tax on the total purchase price including the buyer`s premium.
- Taxes are exempt for any items directly shipped from our premises out of Canada.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice.
- All Prices in Canadian Funds
- Please see our complete BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
How It Works
Waddington's offers the most diverse range of auctions, including works by renowned artists, in diverse genres, items from important estates, and from cultures around the world. Sign up for our e-newsletters to find out about upcoming auctions and events. Register to bid in our auctions and discover what you have a passion to collect.How to Buy
Waddington’s is Canada’s most complete provider of auction, appraisal and collection management services. We offer a wide range of services to assist with selling, buying, appraising and managing your valuables. Whether you need our assistance with a single item, an estate or corporate collection, we look forward to working with you.Learn More