May 15 - 20, 2021
Led by an important oil painting by modern Vietnamese artist Le Pho (1907-2001), this auction features a superb collection of early Chinese ceramics from the estate of H.H. Pao Xie, owner of Pao & Moltke Ltd., Toronto. Other highlights include the Larry Caplan collection of Japanese netsuke, jade carvings from the Estate of Lois Orkin, and the final installment of blue and white export and Nanking Cargo porcelain from the Estate of Johannes Van Wees.
Please contact us for auction details, additional photographs, condition reports or virtual consultations.
Featured in this auction:
Le Pho黎譜 (1907-2001)
Fleurs 花 油彩 画布
Provenance: Findlay Galleries, Palm Beach, Florida
A Pair of Large Sancai-Glazed ‘Dragon’ Roof Tiles
Ming Dynasty 明 三彩琉璃盘龙鸱吻一对
Provenance: H.H. Pao Collection, Toronto 多伦多鲍恒发家族珍藏
BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Each lot sold is subject to a buyer’s premium of 20% of the successful bid price as part of the purchase price.
- Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay Ontario Retail Sales Tax and Federal Goods and Services Tax on the total purchase price including the buyer`s premium.
- Taxes are exempt for any items directly shipped from our premises out of Canada.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice.
- All Prices in Canadian Funds
- Please see our complete BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL CLIENTS
Restrictions exist regarding the import and export of species protected under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species).This includes but is not limited to items made of or containing bone (whalebone etc.), ivory, tortoise shell, seal skin, rhinoceros horn and any other animal part and is strictly controlled or forbidden by most countries. Please review your country’s laws before bidding on pieces made of or containing these restricted items. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to inquire about and obtain the proper permits for artwork purchased that may contain restricted materials, if such permit can be obtained. Please contact the department for further assistance. For more information please visit WWW.CITES.ORG
How It Works
Waddington's offers the most diverse range of auctions, including works by renowned artists, in diverse genres, items from important estates, and from cultures around the world. Sign up for our e-newsletters to find out about upcoming auctions and events. Register to bid in our auctions and discover what you have a passion to collect.How to Buy
Waddington’s is Canada’s most complete provider of auction, appraisal and collection management services. We offer a wide range of services to assist you with selling, buying, appraising and managing your valuables.Learn More