How to Sell
Understanding the True Value, the Market, and Reaching Buyers
Working with Waddington’s means you’ve selected to work with the most diverse auction and appraisal company in Canada with 171 years of experience. From a single item, through to a private, corporate, or institutional collection, we can provide the information you need to make the right decisions, and provide the best platforms to realise the desired results.
We welcome consignments of excellent examples of Asian, Canadian, International, Inuit, First Nations and Métis Art, Decorative Arts & Design, Fine Jewellery, and Fine Wine and Spirits.
We also accept consignments from unique estate and specially curated collections. Our almost 100 auctions throughout the year provide a multitude of opportunities to sell desirable items.
1. Find out what it’s really worth
Our experts will determine an accurate value and the best channel through which to offer your item to achieve the maximum result. To get started, including as much detail as possible, submit a Consignment Form.
2. Our review process
We’ll review the information you’ve sent us and get in touch with you if further details are required and/or to determine the next steps. We will advise what we believe the item(s) will achieve at auction and recommend the best channel to offer them.
3. Our Auctions
We offer some 100 auctions each year, providing a multitude of opportunities to sell desirable items.
Private Sales: Through our extensive network of domestic and international clients, we are able to expertly facilitate confidential private sales to best meet your needs.
4. Marketing your item(s)
- Our expertly researched catalogues are a key marketing tool. Colour photographs, detailed descriptions, provenance and essays are all included in our auction catalogues.
- Auctions are accompanied by public and private previews to provide interested buyers ample opportunity to inspect items.
- Every item is featured in our online galleries, with sophisticated multiple views and zoom options.
- We also reach our audiences via digital newsletters, email blasts and blogs, as well as traditional advertising in both digital and print media channels, and social media.
Consign With Us Today
Waddington’s is the right choice to sell your works of art, decorative arts, jewellery, wine or specialty items.
We are always interested in excellent examples of:
- Asian Art
- Canadian Fine Art
- Contemporary Art
- Decorative Arts & Design
- Fine Jewellery & Watches
- International Art
- Inuit Art, First Nations and Métis Art
- Prints & Photography
- Fine Wine & Spirits
Please see our DEPARTMENT PAGES for details.
Meet Our Specialists
Our specialists are dedicated to providing the most accurate information and guidance. Choosing Waddington’s ensures that you will be assisted by some of Canada’s most knowledgeable specialists. Our staff are respected experts with access to international networks and resources.
Whether a simple valuation for sale or a complex inventory, we will provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions.