How to Sell
The first step is understanding the true value
Working with Waddington’s means you’ve selected to work with the most diverse auction and appraisal company in Canada with 160+ years of experience.
We welcome consignments of excellent examples of Canadian, International, Inuit and Indigenous Art, Decorative Arts, Fine Jewellery and Fine Wine and Spirits.
We also accept consignments from unique estate and specially curated collections. Our 50+ auctions through the year provide a multitude of opportunities to sell desirable items.
The Consignment Process
1. Find out what it’s really worth
Our experts will determine an accurate value and the best channel through which to offer your item to achieve the maximum result. To get started, including as much detail as possible, submit a Consignment Form.
2. Our review process
We’ll review the information you’ve sent us and get in touch with you if further details are required and/or to determine the next steps. We will advise what we believe the item(s) will achieve at auction and recommend the best channel to offer them.
3. Our Auctions
Live and Online Auctions: We offer over 50 live and online auctions each year, providing a multitude of opportunities to sell desirable items.
Private Sales: Through our extensive network of domestic and international clients, we are able to expertly facilitate confidential private sales to best meet your needs.
4. Marketing your item(s)
- Our expertly researched catalogues are a primary marketing tool. Colour photographs, detailed descriptions, provenance and essays are all included in our auction catalogues.
- Auctions are accompanied by public and private previews to provide interested buyers ample opportunity to inspect items.
- Every item is featured in our online galleries, with sophisticated multiple views and zoom options.
- We also reach our audiences via digital newsletters, email blasts and blogs, as well as traditional advertising in both digital and print media channels.
CONSIGN WITH US TODAY
Waddington’s is the right choice to sell your works of art, decorative arts, jewellery, wine or specialty items.
We are always interested in excellent examples of:
- Canadian Fine Art
- Contemporary Art
- International Art
- Inuit & Indigenous Art
- Prints & Photography
- Antique & Modern Fine Jewellery & Watches
- Fine Wine & Spirits
- Decorative Arts
Please see our Department Pages for details.
We are dedicated to providing the most accurate information and guidance
Choosing Waddington’s ensures that you will be assisted by some of Canada’s most knowledgeable specialists. Our staff are respected experts with access to international networks and resources.
Whether a simple valuation for sale or a complex inventory, we will provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions.