Online Auction Starts in 18 Days
Waddington’s West: Canadian Art
October 14 — 19, 2023
Auction begins to close at 3:00 pm ET
Encompassing a wide range of Canadian art, this auction includes both original and editioned work. Notable names include Ted Harrison, Claude Simard, Jack Shadbolt, Gordon Appelbe Smith, Marion Nichol, Joane Cardinal-Schubert, David Blackwood, Christopher Pratt, Takao Tanabe, and Walter Joseph Phillips.
Please note that all lots are located in Vancouver. Purchased items to be picked up or shipped from Vancouver.
BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Each lot is subject to a buyer’s premium of 23% on the hammer price up to and including $25,000 CAD as part of the purchase price. Hammer prices in excess of $25,000 will be charged a buyer’s premium of 20%.
- Unless exempted by law, the buyer is required to pay Ontario Retail Sales Tax and Federal Goods and Services Tax on the total purchase price including the buyer`s premium.
- Taxes are exempt for any items directly shipped from our premises out of Canada.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time, to divide any lot or to combine any two or more lots at his sole discretion, all without notice.
- All Prices in Canadian Funds
- Please see our complete BUYER TERMS & CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL CLIENTS
Restrictions exist regarding the import and export of species protected under CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species).This includes but is not limited to items made of or containing bone (whalebone etc.), ivory, tortoise shell, seal skin, rhinoceros horn and any other animal part and is strictly controlled or forbidden by most countries. Please review your country’s laws before bidding on pieces made of or containing these restricted items. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to inquire about and obtain the proper permits for artwork purchased that may contain restricted materials, if such permit can be obtained. Please contact the department for further assistance. For more information please visit WWW.CITES.ORG
How It Works
Waddington's offers the most diverse range of auctions, including works by renowned artists, in diverse genres, items from important estates, and from cultures around the world. Sign up for our e-newsletters to find out about upcoming auctions and events. Register to bid in our auctions and discover what you have a passion to collect.How to Buy
Waddington’s is Canada’s most complete provider of auction, appraisal and collection management services. We offer a wide range of services to assist with selling, buying, appraising and managing your valuables. Whether you need our assistance with a single item, an estate or corporate collection, we look forward to working with you.Learn More