Auction features previously unseen works from private collectors and estates
It is our pleasure to present Waddington’s Fall 2013 auction of International Art.
Featuring over 170 works by important artists from 12 countries, we are delighted to showcase a most interesting range of paintings, drawings and sculpture, dating from the 16th to 21st Century.
This season’s highlights include:
- Our vibrant cover piece by American artist Anne Estelle Rice, “Beach Brittany”,
- And a hitherto unidentified masterwork “Rowing on the Seine” by 19th Century French artist Ferdinand Heilbuth.
Our selection also includes unique modern works by:
- Indian artist Maqbool Fida Husain
- Japanese artist Setsuko Migishi
- Pakistani artist Abdur Rahman Chughtai and
- A striking abstract by the celebrated Spanish artist Antoni Clavé, “Nature Morte” (1949).
A hallmark of Waddington’s live auction season, our International sale will once again feature previously unseen works from private collectors and estates from across Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Sweden and Pakistan.
We are thankful to our many colleagues who have referred our services as leaders in International Art in Canada: our Transitions team at Waddington’s, our eastern branch at Waddington’s Cobourg and our in-house appraisal team, who have uncovered for us many of these treasures. We also extend our gratitude to all of those who have entrusted Waddington’s to represent your valuable artworks.
We hope that you will be able to attend the previews and auction or visit us online where you will be able to view and enjoy this season’s fine selection of offerings.