Terms & Conditions | Murdoch Mystery Quilt Auction
The Murdoch Quilt – In Support of The Urban Alliance on Race Relations
Presented online December 9 – 17, 2023
Organized in 2020 by knitter Emily Mooney and the show’s costume designer Joanna Syrokomla, the Murdoch Quilt represents the collective effort of 20 people from three countries: Canada, England, and Hungary. Using scrap materials from costumes made for the series, the quilters created this stunning Victorian-era style blanket.
Proceeds from the sale of the Murdoch Quilt will benefit The Urban Alliance on Race Relations.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions of this auction differ from those of Waddington’s regular auctions, including:
- Waddington’s will not charge their regular buyer’s premium.
- HST will not be applied to the hammer price.
- The Urban Alliance on Race Relations will invoice the buyer using the email with which they register at Waddington’s.
Please review the full Terms & Conditions below.
Terms of Bidding
- Bidders must register with Waddington’s at Create an Account to participate in the auction.
- The bidder’s email address will be registered with Waddington’s and will be shared with The Urban Alliance on Race Relations for administrative purposes and used by them for auction communications only.
- All sales are final. No purchase can be returned, refunded or exchanged. Bidders are legally responsible for all bids that they have placed, even if a bid has been placed in error.
- Bidders will be notified by email by when they are outbid and will also receive an alert if they are on the bidding site at the time they are outbid.
- The successful bidder will be notified of their purchase by email from [email protected]
- The successful bidder must pay for their purchases by Visa, Mastercard or electronic transfer within 48 hours of receiving their invoice from [email protected] after the close of the auction, on the next business day.
- All shipping expenses and the timely collection of purchases are the responsibility of the Buyer.
- The Buyer will be the highest bidder for the lot, and the Buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot. When you register to bid you are agreeing to these rules.
- The Urban Alliance on Race Relations and Waddington’s are not responsible for technical errors or failures to execute bids.
Bid Increments differ depending on the opening bid of each lot and the corresponding bidding range, as per the following chart.
|$1 to $249
|Bidding increases in $10 increments
|$250 to $499
|Bidding increases in $25 increments
|$500 to $999
|Bidding increases in $50 increments
|$1,000 to $1,999
|Bidding increases in $100 increments
|$2,000 to $4,999
|Bidding increases in $250 increments
|$5,000 to $9,999
|Bidding increases in $500 increments
|$10,000 to $19,999
|Bidding increases in $1,000 increments
Find out more about Waddington’s bidding platform.
All catalogue descriptions are subject to any variation found in the online auction listing at waddingtons.ca when the auction opens on Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 9 am ET. The auction runs online until December 17 at 8 pm ET.
The Urban Alliance on Race Relations reserves the right to withdraw the work of art at any time before the actual auction begins.
Note: ALL PRICES IN CANADIAN FUNDS
Conditions of Sale
By bidding at auction, bidders are bound by the Conditions of Sale and Terms of Bidding, as amended by any announcements, lot descriptions or posted notices, which together form the contract of sale between the successful bidder (buyer), and The Urban Alliance on Race Relations.
The Urban Alliance on Race Relations makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to any work of art including, but not limited to, any representation or warranty of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, or physical condition, nor as to the right of reproduction, if any. Sizes are approximate. Bidders and purchasers may not rely upon any statement of the The Urban Alliance on Race Relations, oral or otherwise, other than as set forth in these conditions of sale.
Shipping & Delivery
Upon completion of the auction The Urban Alliance on Race Relations will email the Buyer and provide them with shipping, delivery and pick-up options, as applicable to their and the item’s location.
All shipping expenses and the timely collection of purchases is the responsibility of the Buyer.
For More Information
Find out more about The Urban Alliance on Race Relations.
Find out more about Murdoch Mysteries.