Terms & Conditions: Canvas Canada – Exhibit “i”
Please Note the Special Terms and Conditions of the Canvas Canada – Exhibit “i”Auction October 21 – 31, 2021
Canvas Canada – Exhibit “I”, is presented by the Alberta Council for the Ukrainian Arts (ACUA) in partnership with the Ukrainian Canadian Art Foundation (UCAF)/KUMF Gallery (Toronto) as their first online fundraising auction. Waddington’s is a proud supporter.
Note: For purposes of this document, the auction and the two organizations will be referred to as: Canvas Canada.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions of the Canvas Canada auction differ from those of Waddington’s regular auctions.
- Waddington’s will not charge buyer’s premium for items purchased in this auction.
- Canvas Canada will invoice the buyer using the email with which they register at Waddington’s.
- Sales tax is not applicable.
Please review the full Terms & Conditions below.
Terms of Bidding
Bidders must register to bid at Create an Account on Waddington’s website to participate in the auction.
The bidder’s email address will be registered with Waddington’s and will be shared with Canvas Canada for administrative purposes and used for Canvas Canada auction communications only.
- Bidders will be notified by email by when they are outbid and will also receive an alert if they are on the bidding site at the time they are outbid.
- The Buyer will be notified of their purchase by email from Canvas Canada after the close of the auction on the next business day. Therefore if the auction closes on a Friday, winning bidders will be notified on the following Monday.
All sales are final. No purchase can be returned, refunded or exchanged.
- Bidders are legally responsible for all bids that they have placed, even if a bid has been placed in error.
- The Buyer will be the highest bidder for the lot and the Buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot. When you register to bid you are agreeing to these rules.
- Successful bidders must pay for their purchases within 48 hours of receiving their invoice from Canvas Canada.
Canvas Canada and Waddington’s are not responsible for technical errors or failures to execute bids.
Bid increments Are as Follows:
|$1 to $249||Bidding increases in $10 increments|
|$250 to $499||Bidding increases in $25 increments|
|$500 to $999||Bidding increases in $50 increments|
|$1,000 to $1,999||Bidding increases in $100 increments|
|$2,000 to $4,999||Bidding increases in $250 increments|
|$5,000 to $9,999||Bidding increases in $500 increments|
|$10,000 to $19,999||Bidding increases in $1,000 increments|
All catalogue descriptions are subject to any variation found in the online auction listing at waddingtons.ca when the auction opens on Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 9 am ET. The auction is offered online until its closing on Sunday, October 31 at 8 pm ET.
Canvas Canada reserves the right to withdraw any work of art at any time before the actual auction begins.
Conditions of Sale
By bidding at auction, bidders are bound by the Conditions of Sale and Terms of Bidding, as amended by any announcements, lot descriptions or posted notices, which together form the contract of sale between the successful Bidder (buyer), and Canvas Canada.
Canvas Canada makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to any work of art including, but not limited to, any representation or warranty of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, or physical condition, nor as to the right of reproduction, if any. Sizes are approximate. Bidders and purchasers may not rely upon any statement of Canvas Canada, oral or otherwise, other than as set forth in these conditions of sale.
Shipping & Delivery
Upon completion of the auction Canvas Canada will email the Buyer and provide them with shipping, delivery and pick-up options, as applicable to their and the artwork’s location.
Find Out More
View our short video tutorials about bidding in our online auctions.
Find Out More about Canvas Canada / KUMF Gallery.