Terms & Conditions: CSDA Fundraising Auction
Special Terms & Conditions
Canadian Society of Decorative Arts (CSDA) Fundraising Auction
September 30 – OCTOBER 5, 2023
The CSDA is a charitable organization that seeks to make decorative arts and design accessible to all people through education, events, community partnerships and volunteer opportunities.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions of the CSDA Auction differ from those of Waddington’s regular auctions, including:
- Buyer’s premium will not be added to the hammer price.
- HST will not be applied to the hammer price.
- The CSDA will invoice the buyer using the email with which they register at Waddington’s.
Please review the full Terms & Conditions below.
Terms of Bidding
- Bidders must register with Waddington’s at Create an Account to participate in the auction.
- The bidder’s email address will be registered with Waddington’s and will be shared with CSDA for administrative purposes and used for CSDA auction communications only.
- All sales are final. No purchase can be returned, refunded or exchanged. Bidders are legally responsible for all bids that they have placed, even if a bid has been placed in error.
- Bidders will be notified by email by when they are outbid and will also receive an alert if they are on the bidding site at the time they are outbid.
- The Buyer will be notified of their purchase by email from [email protected].
- Successful bidders must pay for their purchases by Visa, Mastercard or electronic transfer within 48 hours of receiving their invoice from [email protected]after the close of the auction, on the next business day.
- All shipping expenses and the timely collection of purchases are the responsibility of the Buyer.
- The Buyer will be the highest bidder for the lot and the Buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot. When you register to bid you are agreeing to these rules.
- CSDA and Waddington’s are not responsible for technical errors or failures to execute bids.
Bid Increments differ depending on the opening bid of each lot and the corresponding bidding range, as per the following chart.
|$1 to $249
|Bidding increases in $10 increments
|$250 to $499
|Bidding increases in $25 increments
|$500 to $999
|Bidding increases in $50 increments
|$1,000 to $1,999
|Bidding increases in $100 increments
|$2,000 to $4,999
|Bidding increases in $250 increments
|$5,000 to $9,999
|Bidding increases in $500 increments
|$10,000 to $19,999
|Bidding increases in $1,000 increments
Find out more about Waddington’s bidding platform.
All catalogue descriptions are subject to any variation found in the online auction listing at waddingtons.ca when the auction opens on September 30, 2023 at 9 am ET. The auction runs online until October 5 at 8 pm ET.
CSDA reserves the right to withdraw any work of art at any time before the actual auction begins.
Note: ALL PRICES IN CANADIAN FUNDS
Conditions of Sale
By bidding at auction, bidders are bound by the Conditions of Sale and Terms of Bidding, as amended by any announcements, lot descriptions or posted notices, which together form the contract of sale between the successful bidder (buyer), and CSDA.
CSDA makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to any work of art including, but not limited to, any representation or warranty of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, or physical condition, nor as to the right of reproduction, if any. Sizes are approximate. Bidders and purchasers may not rely upon any statement of the CSDA , oral or otherwise, other than as set forth in these conditions of sale.
Shipping & Delivery
Works are located at Waddington’s, 275 King Street East, Toronto.
Upon completion of the auction CSDA will email the Buyer and provide them with shipping, delivery and pick-up options, as applicable to their and the items’ location.
All shipping expenses and the timely collection of purchases is the responsibility of the Buyer.
Find out more about the Canadian Society of Decorative Arts.