Attributed to the Studio of Sir Peter Lely (1618-1680), Dutch/British
PORTRAIT OF QUEEN HENRIETTA MARIE (1609-1669)
Oil on canvas in a painted cartouche
30" x 25" — 76.2 x 63.5 cm.
Price Includes Buyer's Premium
Mr. Robert A. Laidlaw established the Laidlaw Foundation in 1949 with an endowment of $50,000 to benefit charitable, educational, conservation and cultural organizations in Ontario. Mr. Laidlaw served as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Hospital for Sick Children for 18 years and headed the hospital's 1947-51 capital campaign. He was also a founding director of the National Ballet of Canada, the National Ballet School, served as a director of Upper Canada College, the Royal Ontario Museum, the McMichael Gallery and the Quetico Foundation.
Ex. Collection Mr. R.A. Laidlaw, Toronto
Department: International Art