Bernard Schottlander (1924-1999), German/British
MAQUETTE, CIRCA 1965
Brushed aluminum; signed “BM Schottlander” to the lower left side and signed with initials “BS” to the underside
4.75 x 4.5 x 1.5 in — 12.1 x 11.4 x 3.8 cm
The artist decided to switch his focus solely to sculpture in the early 1960s, when this maquette was created. From 1965 - in the same year this lot was created - he taught metalwork at St. Martins School in London, where he participated in the group show “Six Artists” at the Institute of Contemporary Arts, London. In the following year (1966) he had his first solo show at the Hamilton Galleries, London.
Greenwin Construction, acquired in 1967, their inventory number “GC #182” to a handwritten label to the underside;
Private Collection, Toronto