MARION LONG, O.S.A., R.C.A.
THE ARTIST’S STUDIO
oil on board
20 ins x 16 ins; 52.1 cms x 41.3 cms
When Marion Long returned to Toronto in 1913 after studying in Provincetown, she opened a studio. Then between 1915 and 1926 she occupied Studio One in Studio Building where she became a good friend of Tom Thomson. From 1928 to 1937 she had a studio on Grenville Street. The scene depicted in this lot is likely one of these three studios.
Private Collection, Toronto