Our June Fine Wine auction is quite possibly our best one yet, featuring large assortments of Super Tuscans, Burgundies, hard-to-find verticals, and niche California cult wines. As we assembled this wine auction, we marvelled at the sheer number of noteworthy consignments we were lucky to work with. Here are a number that caught our attention:
- Lots 1 – 16: A fantastic collection of highly-scored Super Tuscans of superb provenance from a local consignor.
- Lots 22 – 52: A great selection of Bordeaux (22-38) and superb Californians such as Dunn, Ridge Monte Bello, Stag’s Leap and more (41-52) from a cellar north of Toronto.
- Lots 53 – 112: A large and eclectic consignment comprised of highly-rated wines from California, Burgundy, Rhône, Sauternes, Champagne, Douro, Bordeaux, Italy and Australia.
- Lots 113 – 130: A consignment showcasing some of the best from a number of regions including Australia, Tuscany, Pauillac, Pomerol (including two bottles of 100-point 2015 Pétrus) and Rhône.
- Lots 141 – 150: A smaller consignment that packs a punch, including a 100-point Dominus, a 100-point Myriad Cellars, a 100-point Château Canon, and other highly-rated wines from Napa and Santa Cruz.
- Lots 151 – 173: An outstanding consignment from Toronto showcasing some of the best of Burgundy (Rousseau, Mugnier, Dujac), Champagne, Tuscany, and even some Haut-Brion Blanc.
- Lots 187 – 224: An exciting assortment from an esteemed cellar, including a number of large format wines from Australia, Napa, and Tuscany. Along with a fantastic selection of highly-rated Bordeaux and Champagne.
- Lots 225 – 240: Coming from a superb cellar north of Toronto, and with impeccable provenance, this consignment contains primarily 100-point wines, including Le Pin, Petrus, Pontet-Canet, E. Guigal La-La-La, Shafer Hillside Select, and more. Also includes a highly-coveted Screaming Eagle CS (2011).
- Lots 252 – 269: A great consignment from a cellar just west of Toronto, containing ready-to-drink Napas, Burgundies, Bordeaux, Champagnes, Italians, and large mixed lot of Australians.
- Lots 281 – 303: An eclectic collection of wines with great provenance, representing Santa Cruz, Rhône, Bordeaux, Douro, and Italy.
- Lots 322 – 335: A fantastic consignment of Australian and Napa wines, including a lot-vertical of Opus One vintages 2012 to 2015 (lots 329 to 332).
- Lots 358 – 413: A major consignment from a Toronto cellar comprised of some of the best wines from Napa, Rhône, Burgundy (Côte de Nuits), Margaux, and Tuscany.
- Lots 419 – 430: This consignment comes to us from the charity Second Harvest, and proceeds from the sale of these lots will help Second Harvest to provide over 62,000 meals a day across Canada.
- Lots 474 – 483: An excellent consignment from west of Toronto, comprised of Burgundy (Rousseau, Dujac, Méo-Camuzet), CDP, and Super Tuscans.
- Lots 491 – 509: An exciting mix from a cellar north of Toronto, featuring approachable Burgundy (including some white Burgundy), Champagne, Rhône, Italians, Californians, Spanish, Austrian, and some Portuguese.
- Lots 510 – 558: A large and eclectic consignment from west of Toronto, with excellent provenance, comprised of highly-rated wines from Burgundy (both red and white), Sauternes, Douro, Alsace, Bordeaux, Rhône, Napa, Italy, Germany, and Canada.
- Lots 564 – 570: A smaller but very impressive consignment from just west of Toronto, featuring a delightful mix of Super Tuscans and CDPs.
The Fine Wine auction will be available online from Monday, May 24 at 9 am ET until Tuesday, June 1 at 6 pm ET. We invite you to browse the full catalogue for the Fine Wine auction, as well as the catalogue for our Fine Spirits auction, online from Monday, May 24 at 9 am ET until Tuesday, June 1 at 4 pm ET.
We are always delighted to answer any questions you may have about current offerings, how to buy, building a collection, or consigning wine and spirits.
Consignment Deadline for Our September Auctions: July 9
Waddington’s achieved outstanding results throughout 2020. Here are a few of our favourite statistics and reasons why you should consign to our auctions:
Fine Wine Results:
- 1,896 lots offered
- 19,183 bids placed in total for our wine auctions
- 99.5% sell-through rate
- 95.24% average over the global fair market value for all lots sold
Fine Spirits Results:
- 92.3% of all lots offered found buyers
- More bottles were offered in 2020, with an average of 32% more lots per auction vs 2019
- The amount of bids increased on average by 34% over 2019
If you are interested in consigning, please contact us as soon as possible.