Terms & Conditions: 19th Annual C Magazine Contemporary Art Auction
C The Visual Arts Foundation, publisher of C Magazine, is a charitable organization dedicated to facilitating meaningful, pluralistic, interdisciplinary, historically-engaged, and imaginative conversations about art.
Waddington’s is pleased to present this auction on behalf of C Magazine.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions of the C Magazine Auction differ from those of the auction host, Waddington’s (waddingtons.ca):
- For the C Magazine Auction, a premium of 5% will be added to your invoice from C Magazine.
- No Waddington’s Buyer’s Premium is applicable.
- No HST or other sales tax is applicable.
- C Magazine will invoice the buyer using the email with which they register at Waddington’s.
Please review the full Terms & Conditions below.
Terms of Bidding
- Bidders must register with Waddington’s at Account Sign Up to participate in the auction.
- The bidder’s email address will be registered with Waddington’s and will be shared with C Magazine for administrative purposes and used for C Magazine auction communications only.
- All sales are final. No purchase can be returned, refunded or exchanged. Bidders are legally responsible for all bids that they have placed, even if a bid has been placed in error.
- Bidders will be notified by email when they are outbid and will also receive an alert if they are on the bidding site at the time they are outbid.
- A premium of 5% of the successful bid price of each lot is paid by the buyer as part of the total purchase price. No HST/ sales tax is applicable.
- Waddington’s Buyer’s Premium is not applicable.
- The Buyer will be notified of their purchase by email from [email protected].
- Successful bidders must pay for their purchases by Visa, Mastercard or electronic transfer within 48 hours of receiving their invoice from [email protected], unless otherwise arranged by emailing Sara Knelman, the authorized representative of C Magazine at [email protected].
- All shipping expenses and the timely collection of purchases are the responsibility of the Buyer.
- The Buyer will be the highest bidder for the lot and the Buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot. When you register to bid you are agreeing to these rules.
- C Magazine and Waddington’s are not responsible for technical errors or failures to execute bids.
Bid Increments differ depending on the opening bid of each lot and the corresponding bidding range, as per the following chart.
|$1 to $249||Bidding increases in $10 increments|
|$250 to $499||Bidding increases in $25 increments|
|$500 to $999||Bidding increases in $50 increments|
|$1,000 to $1,999||Bidding increases in $100 increments|
|$2,000 to $4,999||Bidding increases in $250 increments|
|$5,000 to $9,999||Bidding increases in $500 increments|
|$10,000 to $19,999||Bidding increases in $1,000 increments|
Find out more about Waddington’s bidding platform.
All catalogue descriptions are subject to any variation found in the online auction listing at waddingtons.ca when the auction opens on November 4, 2023 at 9 am ET.
The auction runs online until November 13, 2023 at 8 pm ET.
C Magazine reserves the right to withdraw any work of art at any time before the actual auction begins.
Note: ALL PRICES IN CANADIAN FUNDS
Conditions of Sale
By bidding at auction, bidders are bound by the Conditions of Sale and Terms of Bidding, as amended by any announcements, lot descriptions or posted notices, which together form the contract of sale between the successful bidder (buyer), and C Magazine.
C Magazine makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to any work of art including, but not limited to, any representation or warranty of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, or physical condition, nor as to the right of reproduction, if any. Sizes are approximate. Bidders and purchasers may not rely upon any statement of C Magazine, oral or otherwise, other than as set forth in these conditions of sale.
Tax Receipts for Art Purchases
For artwork that sells for more than 100% of the estimated value, the Buyer will be issued a charitable tax receipt for the difference between the estimate and the selling price.
Shipping, Delivery, Pick-Up
The Buyer must designate the services of an independent shipper and all shipping and insurance expenses and/or the timely collection of purchases are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Upon completion of the auction, C Magazine will email the Buyer and provide them with shipping, delivery and pick-up options, including a discounted quote from our auction Shipping Partner, Museumpros Art Services, as applicable to their and the items’ location. C Magazine will not be held responsible for the service or have any liability for providing this information.
The location of each artwork will be noted within the lot description. Reliable pre-auction estimates of long-distance shipping costs may be obtained from our auction Shipping Partner, Museumpros Art Services, please contact [email protected] to request a shipping estimate.
Contact [email protected]
Learn more and join the conversation at cmagazine.com