Wine achieved an astonishing 98.1% sell-through rate
The results are in and we are pleased to report that our May 2017 Fine Wine and Fine Spirits auctions were tremendously successful.
Wine achieved an astonishing 98.1% sell-through rate with over 220 lots selling over the high-end estimate and Fine Spirits sold a solid 85% demonstrating a growing interest in this emerging category. Over 4,000 bids were placed in both sales and over 518 lots changed hands.
Some major highlights of the auctions include:
- A Sassicaia vertical 1995-2000
Estimate $1,400 to $2,000 – price realised $2,700
- Japanese Karuizawa whisky:
Estimate $2,000 to $2,300 – price realised $5,880
- A Mouton Rothschild vertical 1945-2000
Estimate $55,000 to $65,000 – price realised $57,600
- Three bottles of Château Pétrus 1979
Estimate $4,100 to $4,800 – price realised $5,280
- Three bottles of Screaming Eagle CS 1999
Estimate $7,300 to $8,500 – price realised $9,000
- A double magnum of Château Lafite Rothschild 1999
Estimate $2,800 to $3,300 – price realised $4,980
- Two bottles of Château Haut-Brion 2000
Estimate $1,500 to $1,700 – price realised $3,900
- A mixed lot of Le Petit Mouton 2005 (3 mag.) and Les Hauts de Pontet Canet 2009 (1 mag.) opened at a bid of $900, price realised $3,300
To see all the results for the auctions please see:
Invitation To Consign
Quality consignments for our September 2017 Fine Wine & Spirits Auctions are now being accepted for consideration – deadline is July 15, 2017. With such consistent success, we urge potential consignors for the fall auctions to get their lists to us as soon as possible in order to ensure a place in what is shaping up to be an exciting season of Fine Wine at Waddington’s.
Cheers from the Waddington’s Wine & Spirits Team!