The Tom Willcock Collection of Fine and Rare Scotch Whisky
It is with great pleasure we announce that Waddington’s has been selected to sell the Tom Willcock Collection of Fine and Rare Scotch Whisky.
The scope of the collection is so great that it will be offered in four parts, beginning with Parts I and II in September and November of 2018 and Parts III and IV in the Spring of 2019. Waddington’s Fine Wine and Spirits Department will produce single-owner catalogues for the collection, sure to become reference standards for future generations of collectors.
Selections from the collection include:
- ARDBERG SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY, 30-year-old, 1967, 52.2%, Islay, Signatory Vintage Collection
- BALVENIE PURE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY, 50-year-old, 1937-89, 42%, Speyside, Official Bottling, Pure Malt
- BLACK BOWMORE SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY, 30-year-old, 1964, 50%, Islay, Olorosso Sherry Cask, Official bottling
- GLENFIDDICH SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY,40-year-old, 1960, 43.6%, Speyside, Official Bottling, ‘’Rare Collection”
- MACALLAN SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY, 52-year-old, 1946, Select Reserve, 40%, Speyside, Official Bottling
- MORTLACH SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY, 50-year-old, Decanter, 40%, Speyside, Official Bottling
Many of these spirits were produced by legendary distillers no longer in existence or that were absorbed by larger firms. Our Consulting Spirits Specialist, Whisky Ambassador Robin Morgan, declared it the finest collection he may yet see in his lifetime.
To highlight the auctions, Waddington’s will host an intimate tasting of whisky from the collection on Wednesday, September 12, from 5 – 7 pm.
Tickets are $75.00, plus tax, and will be released in a very limited supply in mid-August. The selection of whiskies to be sampled will be released shortly. Robin Morgan will be on hand to discuss the collection and guide the tasting.
Fall Wine Auctions
We are in the final stages of preparing the first of our two Fine Wine auctions for the fall season. A large auction of over 550 lots that no collector, or wine lover, will be disappointed with as it covers all the major and important wine regions of the world! There is plenty of classified growth Bordeaux, delicious Burgundy, ready to drink Rhône, succulent California Cabernets and collectible Italian and Spanish beauties to add to your wine list or cellar.
Enjoy the dog days of summer’s end and we look forward to raising a glass with you this fall.
Stephen, Joann and Devin
Waddington’s Fine Wine and Spirits Department